Thursday, May 10, 2018

What!? Back in the office!

May 5th

Hey!

Wow, sorry for not writing for the last 2 weeks! it's been super busy for me! But a lot has happened... 

So to start, I was called back to the mission office! This time as an assistant though. But by the end of my mission I'll have passed 1 year in the office. A lot of time! I couldn't believe it when I found out, I never would've guessed I'd go back! But, I'm looking forward to the new opportunities that I'll have to learn in this new position. So a few of the cool things that happened this last week...

When I was still in my last area with Elder Silva, we were walking on the street at night and we say a family coming up the street. I leaned over to Elder Silva and said "go make a contact with them!" and so he did! The family turned out to be super interested and we were abe to go back and teach 6 people that same week, and 3 of them went to church that same sunday. The mom of the family has already talked to the misionaries 20 years ago but her ex husband didn't let her go to church, and she basically bore her testimony during the relief society meeting that she knows that the Lord sent us to find her after all these years. How cool?! It was a little hard to follow up with them during the next week though, we only got to talk to them once. But, this week I got a call from Elder Silva saying that the mom in the family got an answer to her prayers that he church is true, and if her boyfriend doesn't want to get married she'll leave him! Man, I can't believe how many blessings just keep coming!

We also baptized Larissa and Jó last week! They were so happy, they even cried when they bore their testimonies. Missionary work is awesome!

My new comp is awesome, his name is Elder Niedert and he's from St. George. I only have 5 more weeks of mission time as him. He's a great missionary and is super funny, so it's going to be a blast working with him during these last 2 transfers! What's cool is that we have an investigator that we're also going to baptize this week. Her name is Patrícia. I'll send pics next week!

But I'll let you know about more cool stuff that happens this next week. Love you and until next week!


Elder Odom















No comments:

Post a Comment