Sunday, May 20, 2018

Trainings and Travel

May 19th

Hey! Another good week!

We had Zone Conferences this week, and so we got to give trainings and travel around which was a lot of fun. In our training, Elder Niedert and I focused on the importance of working with members. It turned out really good and we're looking forward to see the results in the mission!

This week in our area, we had it a bit tougher because a lot of the people that we had been teaching lost interest and said that they didn't want to learn more. There were a lot more people than normal and it was pretty sad to see that they can't see the importance of the gospel. Like I've said before, I think this is one of the hardest parts of being a missionary, but it gives me an idea of how our Heavenly Father feels when we don't keep the commandments. This is something I'm really grateful for that I've learned on the mission. It seems like now I have a clearer view of what's important. But, the Lord was still able to bless us with a really cool couple to teach, and they said they're excited to go to church this sunday!

We also did splits with the zone leaders in a zone in Ribeirão Preto. I was with Elder Molinari who is one of my good friends here on the mission. He's heading home on the 4th of next month, so it was our last chance to work together! We focused on finding new investigators that would progress. We had a cool experience with this. We sat down after lunch for him to pass me all the appointments they had marked, and then right as we were about to end someone in the house close to us went in and out of their house. We said a prayer during the prayer I felt like we should talk to the person, and then as I got up I said "let's go talk to that girl who just went into that house" the Elder Molinari said "I just had that same feeling during the prayer!" So we went and taught her and her boyfriend, and they were super interested! They really understood the message, especially about the importance to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet or not. It's so cool to see how the Lord guides us in all we do!

But, that's about it for this week. This next week we'll be traveling almost all week again, including to my last area! It should be full of great experiences. I love you, until next week!

Elder Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment