Tuesday, September 27, 2016

At the Mission Home!

I'm at the mission home! I dont have much time to email, so I'll try to make this fast. So I got on a plane and flew 1 hour to Ribeirão Preto, kind of funny they made us fly! So everything here is... a lot. It's probably just the whole real life mission thing hitting me for real. I learned yesterday that I am not good at portuguese. We had in field training and it was 8 hours long all in full speed portuguese and i got about 10% of what was said! Little bit of a wake up call. I have a lot of work to do.
I met my mission president and had lunch at his apartment. It was chicken fajitas, and the best meal I've had this whole time! I loved the american mexican food that sister Schulz cooked. I love my mission president and his wife too. They are the best! So nice and i can tell they totally care about me. This is definitely the best president for me! I cant wait to get to know him better over the next two years. We got to relax in his apartment, which is actually pretty nice, for about 3 hours which was great.

This morning, i woke up at 2:30 am to catch my 6:30 flight. I'm so tired right now. When we got here we got our new companions. When we saw all of the trainers lined up there was an american and i definitely wanted him! It came down to elder Cleverly and sister Maartin from my mtc district. So... I got the american comp! His name is elder O´neill, and he's been out a year. President Schulz and his wife both said how great he is. He seems like he's going to be a great trainer, I'm super glad i got him. 

So my first area is going to be a bit interesting. Tomorrow night, I'm taking a 7 hour bus ride through the night to the Aracatuba area. I'm in the same district as elder Cleverly, which is awesome! I'll see him at zone conferences. Tonight, I'm going on splits with the APs to the favelas, so that should be a good adventure. Once i get going, i think I'm going to really love it here. I'm about out of time. Talk to you next monday!

love, Spence

No comments:

Post a Comment