Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Zone Conference and pray for Milton

Okay, another week!

This week was just a lot of zone conference stuff. Not sure if I've already mentioned it in the past, but we have 3 of them per transfer so we had them on TuesdayWednesday, and Thursday. Here we have a tradition of letting the missionaries who're heading home bear their testimonies, so I got to do that during each conference. It was a really cool experience but a little hard too, trying to summarize everything I've learned during these past months. One thing that I realized though saying  goodbye to all the missionaries is that even though I'll really miss being a missionary, one of the hardest parts of leaving will definitely be all the cool people I'll have to leave behind! It's been so cool getting to know so many great missionaries.

So we have one investigator, Milton, that's really progressing, and he needs your guy's help!! He is the dad of a returned missionary and is super super cool. He knows the church is true, but the only thing holding him back is smoking. He's gone down to only smoking 1 to 1 1/2 cigarettes per day, but he needs to stop TODAY so that he can get baptized on the 30th! So everyone please pray for him!!

Other than that, we'll be traveling a bunch this week again. I'll be going to a city called Passos, which is actually in a different state called Minas Gerais, so that should be cool!

During my personal study this week, I was reading Mormon 9 and found a verse that I've been thinking about a lot. it's Mormon 9:21. "21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."
How cool is this promise! Anything we ask for in faith will be given to us. This is something that I know is true, I've seen it time and time again on my mission. I'm so grateful for the scriptures and the guidance we can receive from them.

Sorry for the short email, but until next week! I love you!!
Elder Odom


No comments:

Post a Comment