Thursday, April 12, 2018

First Week Back in the Field!

March 26th

 First week back in the field!! It was a super cool week full of miracles. So, about the area. Just after a week of being here I think that it will probably be my favorite ward. The members here are are awsome! It's a reeeaally big area, and it's been a pretty long time since there's been 2 companionships so the ward is pretty happy about that. We're taking the bus almost everyday to get to where we work, but we received a lot of blessings this week and we were able to have success. We got to know some of the members as well and they are all willing to help. It should be a great transfer!

 So my new comp. He's awesome!! He's probably one of the most humble people I've ever met. His name is Elder Silva (pretty common name) and he's from the city of São Paulo. He's 21 years old and really likes to work. I'm super happy about that! He also is really ready to learn. He's always asking about how he can improve and then looks to put into practice what I say. He comes from a family of members, but right now only his mom and his sister are active, but his whole family really supports him in serving a mission. He actually was inactive for 5 years and in November of 2016 he decided to go back to church. During these 5 years, he was reeeally inactive. He got caught up hanging out with the wrong crowd and his friends were all in the gang and stuff. Even though he never directly participated in bad stuff, he was around it all the time. But he said that in the back of his head he always thought "Is God happy with what I'm doing?" When he decided to go back to church, no believed that he was there. He said that everyone thought that he was a lost cause, but man he's completely changed! From the hood to the mission haha. I'm super grateful to be able to help him out at the start of his mission.

 I'm living with 2 other Elders, Elder Pinheiro (my zone leader comp) and Elder Flores. I was really happy to be ZL comps with Elder Pinheiro. Hes super funny and a great missionary. His son's (companion that he's training) name you won't believe though.. He's from Laredo, TX, on the border of TX and Mexico. His parents are both Mexican, but he was born in the States. But his full name is Antonio OBI-WAN-ABINADI Flores. How sick is that!?! He said his dad is a die hard Star Wars fan, and he is too. He actually has a brother named Anakin and a sister named Asohka. But he's a cool guy and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better.

 This week we really focused on finding new people to teach, and we were blessed with quite a few! We've started to work in an area that the missionaries haven't been to for awhile, and it's been paying off. The people are super prepared there and we're started to get our teaching pool together! We don't have any investigators that I know super well, but I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes though. 

Super grateful for the area, my companion, the ward, and everything! I need to take advantage of every moment here for sure!
 Love you guys, until next week! Elder Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment