Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Last Week in Mission Office

March 10th Hey! I hope you guys had a good week! So because I didn't have enough time to write last week, I'll talk about an experience we had 2 weeks ago. Elder McLean and I were out on the street and all of our appointments had fallen though. We came to a spot in the street where we could go left or right. I wanted to go right, and he wanted to go left. We had said a prayer a few minutes ago asking to be led to the people that need help or the people that would accept us. So then Elder McLean said "Well, let's just play rock paper scissors real quick to decide which way to go. Let's use revelation." I decided why not! I ended up winning and so we went right. Less then a minute later we were passing a little square with benches and trees, etc. and we heard someone say "hey, help me, help me..." It was pretty quiet but we both looked around to see where it was coming from. We saw a lady laying on the ground in the square and she was in a super weird position. Normally we don't pay a ton of attention to people laying/sleeping on the streets, but this time we both looked at each other and went over to see what was going on. She was just looking up without blinking. We made sure she was still breathing (she was, phew) and asked her name, but she was pretty out of it and wasn't really answering our questions. I went to call an ambulance when all of a sudden she started to have seizure and foam was coming out of her mouth! It was crazy! I called and then we gave her a blessing. Right as we got done someone driving by stopped to help us out. In the end, the ambulance got there and took her to the hospital. Another lady that was working in a building close by said that she'd been there for about an hour but didn't do anything because there are always people sleeping in the square. But my comp and I were super grateful that the Lord was able to put us in the right place at the right time in order to help her out. This week I got to go back to the last city I served in, Franca. It was good to be there again! On Wednesday morning, President called and said that Elder Cardoso (financial secretary) and I needed to go there to give a cell phone chip to the zone leaders there because the assistants forgot to bring it on splits. So, we got to spend 4 hours on a bus just to bring a tiny phone chip! Haha pretty funny but that's what president wanted us to do. We also had a service project to help a member move which was cool. Our investigator Cesar is still a work in progress. If he goes to church on sunday, he's going to get baptized the next saturday! It all depends on if his daughter goes. We fasted this week so that she would go and everything would work out, so keep them in your prayers! But that's about it for me. I'm entering my last week in the mission office!! It's been such a great blessing and experience working here over the last few months. I'm excited for what the next part of my mission brings as well! Until next week! Elder Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment