Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Trying new foods and more office stuff

August 5th

This week I mainly focused on preparing a few things for the missionaries going home at the end of the transfer, like the movie we show for them, their personal plans that tell them what they’ll do during the last week, organizing who’s going to be with who, where they’ll sleep, how they’ll get to Ribeirao, that type of stuff. I relearned the lesson of why it’s important to write stuff down and keep looking at the list this week as well. With doing the stuff that I mentioned, I kept forgetting to do some of the little stuff that president would ask me to do. It’s always a bad feeling when he asks me about something that I haven’t done yet just because I’ve forgotten about it! But I’m getting more and more into the swing of things, and by the end of this transfer I think I’ll have it down all the way.

So this past Sunday I had a pretty cool opportunity to go to another city on a split. It’s a city called Jaboticabal and I was there with one of my Zone Leaders, Elder Sant from Texas. He was in my first zone when I got here on the mission so it was super fun to spend a day with him! Normally we don’t do splits on Sunday, but because we’re in the mission office it’s the only day we can! We can’t be outside of the office for an entire day so president just told us to do it Sunday. I went there Saturday night and got back Sunday night pretty late. But it’s always fun to get to go to other areas and cities to meet the members and investigators that are being taught.

Another cool thing was that on Sunday Claudio, the guy that I found knocking doors, and his wife and daughter came to church! They liked it a lot, but they said it’s just super different than what they’re used to. We had a really cool lesson with them about the Book of Mormon too. They are really fun to teach because they have lots of questions and they understand the lessons well. They were able to understand what the BoM is and how they can use it to get answers. Our main issue with them is finding a day when they’re all at home at the same time. We’d like to visit them 2 or 3 times per week to teach, but until now we’ve only been able to catch them all at home once per week and one other day we just teach whoever’s at home.

So funny story that happened. Yesterday, Friday night, Elder Vilas Boas was going crazy because he found a coupon for some restaurant that serves food from Bahia, where he’s from. So he called the place and had them deliver it to our apartment and he ordered all of us a type of sandwich thing. It was some sort of bread roll thing that had a sauce and pieces of meat and other things that I don’t know what they are. To top it off it was covered in mini shrimp, and not the type of shrimp you normally think of. They’re tiny and cooked exactly the way that they’re caught, with their eyes and everything still apart of them. So I ate it, and it wasn’t the best thing I’ve ever had but I can’t say it was terrible. I think one of the hardest/funniest parts of eating it was looking at all the mini shrimp stare at me and then just eating it!

So yeah, that’s about what happened for me. Nothing too new! It’s weird to think that there are only 2 kids at home now. What’s happening right now is something that we talked about but it never seemed like it would actually come, but now it’s here! The only thing I can say is that it’ll go by way fast, it really will. When you first get on the mish you don’t believe that but now I’m seeing how quick it’s going by! It’s super cool that Ty saw Chalise. How cool! It’s super cool to see those pics of him because it just reminds me of when I did that not too long ago. Talk to you later!
-Elder Odom





No comments:

Post a Comment