Sunday, February 5, 2017

New Area!

Hi Everyone!
I only have a few minutes to write today.

My last week in my first area was good. We worked hard to build up a decent teaching base for Elder Mascena. Even though we talked to a bunch of people and tried our best, we didn't end up getting as many people as we wanted to. But, its part of the mission. sometimes lots of people are willing to listen, sometimes it seems like nobody is. I'm going to miss working with Elder Mascena, he's so cool and we got along so good. Its super weird that i'm already leaving my first area! Like I've said before, time is super weird. It seems so fast and so slow at the same time, but for sure it doesn't seem like i have been out 5 1/2 months.

I'm sure you've already heard, but there are some worldwide changes taking place for missions. I'm actually not sure exactly what all of them are because my mission is waiting 2 week to inform everyone whats going to happen, but we do know of a few. The mission is a lot less numbers based, its more about taking responsibility for yourself and working your best for the Lord. I'm pretty happy about that because sometimes people think more about the numbers than the people.

I'm serving in an area called Sao Joakim da Barra. This area has 2 cities, Sao Joakim da Barra and . We have to take turns working in each city, and we are going to have to manage 2 teaching pools! We also have to travel to Franca, another city, every week to  have district meeting with the other missionaries, so we're going to spend lots of time traveling. But Its funny, because Elder Macsena actually served in this area 4 transfers right before he was my comp! He talked a lot about how much he loved this area, so i'm excited!

I don't have any more time, but I'll let you guys know how my first week in the new area is next Monday!

Love, 
Elder Odom

No comments:

Post a Comment